Providing an opportunity for our students to share and our membership to gather.
Welcome to the Virtual Student Poster Symposium hosted by the American Ecological Engineering Society. This online event is being held to support our student members as they endeavor into a career that makes an impact.
How this works:
Call for abstracts is open until May 15, 2020 (Student Membership required, $15/yr)
Poster Presentation File Submission Deadline, May 25
Viewer Engagement & Judging Window, June 1-5
Live Questions & Awards at AEES Business Meeting, June 11
Helpful Viewing & Engagement Tips:
- Presentations are maximum 7 min.
- Turn on the HD viewing for best quality.
- Presenter last name next to title.
If you experience issues viewing video files, please try a different browser like Firefox.
Your site doesn’t have any tags, so there’s nothing to display here at the moment.
Applications in Agriculture
- Sustainability of Edge-of-Field Best Management Practices: An Emergy-Based Ecological Framework for Discussion – Francis
- Evaluating Prairie Buffer Strips to Mitigate the Spread of Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance Genes from Manure-Amended Fields – Iverson
- Integrating Agricultural Decision-Making Factors into Watershed Modeling of the Western Lake Erie Basin to Assess the Impact of Targeting BMP Placements – Kast
- Phosphorus recovery and reuse from anaerobically digested dairy manure – Porterfield
- Agricultural Nutrient Loss in the Maumee River Watershed: What Influences “Accuracy” of Farmers’ Risk Perceptions? – Schwab
- Comparing Implementation Methods for Successful Forest Restorations: A Review of the Literature – Arnold
- Mayan traditional ecological knowledge and wetland restoration in Lake Atitlan, Guatemala – Garcia
- Identifying Critical Factors Contributing to Soil Shear Strength at Stream Restoration Sites – Wichmann
- Phosphorus dynamics in restored riparian wetlands within an agricultural basin – Wiegman
- Designing Higher Denitrification Capacity into Riverine Floodplain Restorations – Winter
Emerging Issues & Eco Solutions
- Anaerobic digestion of algae harvested from an algal turf scrubber at the Port of Baltimore – Delp
- Spatial Modeling of Resource Recovery and Reuse using Sri Lankan Composting Systems as an Example – Fein-Cole
- Effects of toxicity and structural alterations caused by Perfluorinated Alkyl Acid on the microalgae Scenedesmus obliquus UTEX 393 – Liu
- The Fate and Transport of Novel Coronavirus in the Urban Water Cycle: A Review – Paul
- Bivalve Colonies as a Self-sustained Scour Mitigation Method: Assessing their Effects on Sediment Erodibility – Quiah
Innovative Stormwater Management
- Designing Bioretention Media for Permeability and Phosphorus Removal Using Drinking Water Treatment Residuals – Ament
- How can understanding preferences for seasonal change inform bioretention planting design? – Broich
- Mapping floods with forests: Creating time series flood maps through Random Forest modeling – Fidan
- Quantifying the Stormwater Benefits Provided by Mature Native Trees in the Pacific Northwest – Leonard
- Longevity of bioretention depths for preventing acute toxicity from urban stormwater runoff – Maguire
- Performance of stormwater bioretention mesocosms amended with biochar and fungi – Mitchell
- Evaluating the Impact of the Katy Prairie Hydrology on Flooding Using SWAT Modeling – Partheeban
- Public Perception and Performance Evaluation of a Bioretention Area in Oak Cliff, Texas – Pryor
- Effect of zeolite addition on bioretention media infiltration and pollutant removal – Sweeney
- Ecosystem Health Assessment of Newly-Installed Bioretention Cells – Wituszynski
- Characterization of the empirical drivers of the carbon budget of a constructed inland salt marsh – Davies
- Walnut Cove Treatment Wetlands: A wetland rejuvenation case study – Kamrath
- The Great Lakes: Reviewing Environmental History of North America’s Inland Seas – Kast
- Neonicotinoid Pesticide and Nutrient Removal in Floating Treatment Wetland Mesocosms – Lindgren
- Modeling pollutant removal using the P-k-C* model in a proposed surface-flow treatment wetland to treat and reuse agricultural runoff in Newman, California – Morales
- Phosphorus Cycling and Effects of Chloride in Subsurface Gravel Wetlands Used to Manage Urban Stormwater Runoff – Kubow
Water Quality Assessment & Instrumentation
- GatorByte – A Low-cost, Real-time Water Resource Monitoring Buoy – Agade
- Turbidity Informed Real-Time Control of a Dry Detention Basin – Akin
- Enhanced monitoring of a Regenerative Storm Water Conveyance System – Implementing Pulse Heated Fiber Optics to Uncover Flow Paths and Groundwater Interactions in RSC’s – DeBell
- Characterization of Organic Matter Released From Anaerobic Sediments Using Fluorescence Excitation-Emission Matrices – Islam
- Optimum Oxygen Flux Determination to Regulate Denitrification in Freshwater Sediments Using Micro-Profiling Techniques – Zaman
Wishing our graduating student members all the best in the next steps of their careers. Cast a wide net and consider how AEES may continue to serve you in your professional path.
Latest Presentation Comments from Viewers:
Hi Kathryn, very interesting study. I’m from an area where flooding during storm season is a frequent event, and have…
Thanks for your interest, David! We quantified TPAHs using EPA standard method 8270D-SIM (GC/MS) for 24 PAH analytes. Great question…
Hi Ani, thanks for your question. The decision for how to proceed with a restoration project like this is up…
Hello David, Thank you for your questions. 1. We have gone over 5 iterations of the circuit board design. In…
Hello Trisha! I do not plan to measure in full-scale wetland systems at the moment, but I’m hoping that my…